At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in South Portland. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or creating energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your South Portland Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our recommendations for the South Portland region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to give extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for South Portland Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.