Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when entering your South Portland home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in South Portland, give them a call at 207-253-1856 or arrange an appointment online to work through all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.