The cold season is fast approaching in South Portland and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during South Portland winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella South Portland experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits South Portland.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in South Portland a call at 207-253-1856 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.